About the Berea Fire Department
The Berea Fire Department provides fire suppression, emergency medical services and community fire prevention and education to our residents and businesses located in the southwest area of Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
The Berea Fire Department is staffed by 23 full-time members which include:
- Fire Chief
- 3 Shift Captains
- 3 Shift Lieutenants
- 15 Firefighter/Paramedics
Full time protection includes 2 fully equipped advanced-life-support rescue squads, 2 - 1,500 gallons per minute Pumpers and a 110 foot Aerial Tower capable of pumping 1,500 gallons per minute.
Services Provided by the Berea Fire Department
- Emergency Medical Service
- Fire Prevention and Public Education
- Fire Suppression
- Haz-Mat Response
- Search and Rescue
Our Emergency Dispatch Methods
- Dial 911 - (When using a landline phone hard wired in your home) dialing 911 is the surest way to contact emergency help.
- In Berea, a 911 cell phone call will be directed to CECOMS ( Cuyahoga Emergency Communications Center) located in Bedford, Ohio. They will receive your cellular 911 call, take the information and then call Southwest Emergency Dispatch Center located in Strongsville, Ohio who will then directly dispatch Berea Fire and/or Berea Police directly via radio dispatch.
- If using a cell phone at home or away, calling 440-234-1212 will reach the dispatch center which is Southwest Emergency Dispatch.
- A cell phone APP known as RapidSOS HAVEN is an excellent method to call the nearest First Responder no matter where you are in the United States using GIS Technology. The Cell Phone Application has a minimal annual fee.
Our Department belongs to the following organizations:
- BOCA - Building and Code Officials Association
- IAFC - Internation Association of Fire Chiefs
- IAFF - International Association of Fire Fighters
- NEOFCA - Northeastern Ohio Fire Chief's Association
- NEOFPA - Northeastern Ohio Fire Prevention Association
- NFPA - National Fire Protection Association
- OFC - Ohio Fire Chiefs
- SAFES - Southwest Area Fire and Emergency Services
- SERT - Southwest Emergency Response Team